Here is just a quick overview of what products I used to get ready for my meet up with friends at the local pub on Christmas Eve evening ….
After having a pretty lazy day Christmas Eve I decided to start getting ready for my night out super early. I enjoy taking my time and being relaxed whilst getting ready. So I started off my pamper routine after having a shower with The Body Shop Tea Tree skin clearing clay mask (The Body Shop). I don’t use face masks much but recently I have decided incorporating them more into my beauty routine as it does help bring the impurities out of my skin. Whilst this is on my face, I next put some tinted moisturiser on my body as I am feeling really pale since being back in freezing cold Manchester, England! The one I had in my cupboard was the Garnier Summer Body moisturised lotion light sun kissed look (Garnier Summer). I put a light layer on as I haven’t used any sort of tan in ages and I know I can be prone to getting streaks…not a good look so I played it safe. Once this has dried and soaked into my skin I put on my all time favourite tanning product, Sally Hansen Airbush legs I get in light or medium glow (Sally Hansen) and this product is a life saver! It makes your skin look so even it looks like you are wearing tan tights, super even across my skin and makes sure I am all one colour. It is amazing! I recommend highly. It is the one product I have used for years!
Time to take my face mask off and my skin isn’t has angry and the spots I have have become less red and dried out. Perfect! Next step is to cleanse and tone my face. I have recently purchased a new 3-step cleansing kit which had amazing reviews online and I understand why. It is the La Roche-Posay Effaciar Kit (La Roche-Posay) that includes a cleanser, toner and a anti-imperfections correcteur that is great for us girls who are prone to acne and have them dreaded acne scares.
Here are the products I used for my night out make-up routine. Super simple and all high street products…. cheap and cheerful 🙂
- Nivea Tinted Moisturising Day Cream Natural – Nivea Day Cream
- Balance Active Formula Snake Venom Eye Cream – Eye cream
- Bagsy wonder wand concealing and illuminating duo – Concealer and Highlighter
- Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse 008 Light Beige – Matte Mouse Foundation
- Collection Bronze Blow Matt Powder 1 Terracotta – Bronzer
- Collection Blush 3 Cheeky – Blusher
- Maybelline Master strobing stick illuminating highlighter – Highlighter
- Rimmel London Special Eyes Precision eye liner pencil 114 Rich Brown (Also use as an eyebrow pencil) – Eyeliner and Eyebrow Pencil
- Maybelline The Nudes eyeshadow palette – Eyeshadow Palette
- MUA Makeup Academy eyeshadow palette Undress Me Too – Eyeshadow Palette
- Max Factor False Lash Effect Black mascara – Mascara
- Max Factor False Lash Epic Black mascara – Mascara
- Wilkinsons Grape Lip Balm
- MUA Make up Academy Lip liner Red drama – Lip Liner
- Rimmel The Only 1 Matte lipstick 810 – Matte Lipstick
- Loreal Paris Red Color Riche lipstick 461 – Lipstick
- Balance me Rose Otto Hand Cream – Hand Cream
- Urban Decay Naked 3 (Bought in China- fake brand but decent quality)
I had some huggies baby wipes (as they do as much as a good job as make-up wipes) on hand just in case any mistakes happened. The essential Sure deodorant bright bouquet (Sure Deodorant). Then I just used the Babyliss Boutique Salon Soft Waves Hair Wand (Babyliss) to create loose curls in my head and held with the V05 ultimate hold hairspray (V05).
To have a glimpse of my look go over to my ‘At home at Christmas 2016’ blog post. I didn’t have chance to take a decent close up photograph as I was rushing at the end of getting ready. Always the case I leave plenty of time to get ready but it takes me twice as long as usual and I am late…. typical!! Why does this happen!
Hope you all had a lovely evening Christmas Eve! I did spending time with some of my friends and it really helped getting me in the Christmas Spirit!
Speak soon x
Live Free..Live a Journey